The Project Procurement Manager is accountable for all aspects of project procurement and contracting from early engineering through detailed engineering, procurement and construction. The Project Procurement Manager must be capable of managing multiple large projects in a safe and efficient manner.
• Work as a part of the project management teams, to lead and coordinate the development, implementation and execution of procurement and contract strategies.
• The Project Procurement Manager (PPM) will be responsible for Company and Contractor procurement and contract activities from front end loading through operational support.
• Successful delivery of total project procurement and contract scope to project requirements, within budget, meeting schedule, and in accordance with approved work processes.
• Successful management of procurement and contract interfaces on the project: contracting, purchasing, expediting, QA/QC, logistics, materials management, and other project functions.
• Implementation of procurement and contracting elements of the Capital Project Management System (CPMS) on the project and execution of the project in accordance with CPMS.
• Overseeing the projects’ Contractors’ procurement activities and managing capital commitments, reviewing and interpreting contract procedures to ensure maximum value and minimized cost to the project.
• Identifying and delivering procurement and contract specific cost savings to the project and monitoring, forecasting and reporting the project procurement budget and procurement metrics.
• Providing oversight in the sourcing and selection process of major suppliers, including requests for bids, bid evaluations and approval of bid tabs and purchase orders.
• Providing oversight in the selection process of major contractors, including solicitations of interest, requests for quotes, contract evaluations, approval of bid tabs and issuance of contracts.
• Ensuring compliance of all contract-related matters with corporate, legal, ethics, regulatory, insurance, finance, tax, and HSE requirements regarding procurement related issues.
• Proper close out of all procurement and contract issues.
• Guiding, mentoring, developing and providing functional supervision to direct reports as applicable.
Basic Requirements / Required Skills & Competencies
• Minimum 10 years industry experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• University degree (procurement, technical, business and/or legal)
• Skill in the formulation, negotiation, establishment and management of complex contractual arrangements for capital projects in the range of $50 to $300 MM.
• Advanced knowledge of EPC contracting compliance issues, procedures, specifications, and documentation requirements.
• Strategic perspective and ability to understand market economics as well as the economics of the project value chain, which includes the cost avoidance of schedule and technical issues.
• Technical knowledge of construction, operation, and maintenance, as well as associated cost and pricing methodologies.
• Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality.
• Strong networking, interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies, in a diverse community.
• Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft office systems and databases. Also knowledgeable of “admin” capabilities with SharePoint
Preferred Skills & Competencies
• Project Management or Project Risk Certification/Training e.g., PMP, RMP, etc.
• Detailed knowledge of project disciplines, including experience in project engineering, construction, cost estimating and planning/scheduling.
• Ability to act as a trusted advisor
• Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to present and interpret risk scenarios to management
• SAP/BW knowledge
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Project Procurement Manager
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
18 jul 2019
31.07.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.