In this position, the incumbent will work under the guidance of a program manager to manage projects within a major capital project execution program. These duties will include traditional technical engineering functions as well as project management and administrative functions.
• Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of SH&E principles and values; champions safety as necessary.
• Manages project definition efforts including preliminary engineering, scope development, and estimating. Manages engineering contractors/services providers in the development of packages in Identification (FEL-1), Selection (FEL-2), Definition (FEL-3), Execution, Commissioning, and Closeout stages of project development.
• Manages the development of project budgets and schedules during developmental stages.
• Manages the development of multiple prime contracts for the construction of capital projects. Manages the creation of contract documents relating to the specific project.
• Manages the development of the project procurement plan. Manages the full life-cycle procurement of all goods and services for the project. Manages the assembly of bidding and contract packages including administrative and technical content.
• Manages and provides technical direction of engineering services providers in the development of detailed engineering and design for major capital projects.
• Manages projects in Execution (Construction) stage to assure that scope, schedule, and budget are tracked and maintained during project execution. Develops and presents status reports to the program manager and steering team. Develops cost and schedule forecasts for capital project.
• Provides technical inputs and directions in the Execution stage of project delivery.
• Manages the development of detailed commissioning plans and procedures.
• Manages the distribution, cataloging, and archiving of key project documents utilizing a staff document controller.
• Manages the recruitment of field execution team members for the respective project.
• Assumes the delegated authority of the program manager in his or her absence as required
• Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position.
• Minimum of 10 -15 years project related engineering experience at a petroleum, chemical, or similar industry plant; terminal experience preferred
• Project management and/or experience with construction projects exceeding $100 million in total installed cost; experience budgeting and planning projects of that magnitude.
• In depth understanding of terminal equipment including utility systems, tankage, pumps, and docks; experience with coatings used in industrial applications.
• Experience researching best chemical plant/chemical terminal practices in safety, health, and environmental areas for engineering and construction.
• Ability to read, develop, and interpret engineering, construction, and other technical specifications, drawings, schematics, plans, and similar documents; ability to read and understand complex government regulations and translate/incorporate these requirements into terminal construction, engineering and maintenance plans
• Ability to read and understand technical publications such as API 650, API 653, ASTM B31.3 and NFPA Standards.
• Ability to translate technical plans into easy-to-understand laymen’s terms and communicate such translations in clear terminology to stakeholders.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Primavera P6, various email and internet programs and applications; computer-based design experience preferred.
• Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written; Spanish language skills helpful; listening skills; experience creating and delivering presentations.
• Experience working with Federal, state and local environmental regulations.
• 4 year college degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• Advanced degree in technical or business field beneficial
• Professional Engineer certification desired
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Deer Park, TX
Oil and Gas Tank Terminal Operator
03 jun 2019
31.07.2019 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.