The Master Project Planner/Scheduler will perform the planning and scheduling duties for the Capital Project Management Group.
• Ability to read and understand engineering practices & safety procedures
• Ability to write & understand technical reports & correspondence
• Ability to deal with project issues with multiple variables by defining the problems, collect data, establish facts, drawing logical conclusions
• Ability to translate project scope and FEL deliverable into a working schedule
• Facilitates monthly management review of Level 1 schedule
• Facilitates a weekly construction review of Level 4 schedule to include manpower forecasting for nested contractors
• Pre-funding: Prepares, maintains, and can articulate the major project activities, milestones and key deliverables as part of the Project Management Plan, Level 1 Schedule.
• Post-Funding: Expands the Project Management Plan to a level 4 schedule for every project in the capital portfolio, while maintaining an ability to contract the schedule back to a Level 1
• Ability to translate the field progress to the scheduling tool
• Ability to read & analyze technical drawings
• Ability to complete material takeoffs that include drawing bill of materials and extraneous materials (blind for isolation/hydro,
• Scheduling/progressing within P6
• Schedule reporting both for analyses and to create KPI’s using P6 report writer
• Master at analyzing scheduling outputs to propose changes that will have a positive effect on the business goals
• Expediting materials and fabrication using SAP and translate to the scheduling tool
• Ability to extract CCM data from SAP to perform productivity KPI
• Reporting KPI’s and communication using MS office
• Prepares the baseline schedule based on the project scope and deliverables, this may include small and large projects that may require both oversight of a general contractor planner and or may be self-performed
• Prepare construction estimates for small projects
• Seeks budgetary proposals from contactors and vendors for non-competitive type bids and bulk materials
• Issues material and labor requisitions working closely with the SAP Requisitioner
• Maintain a Long Lead register for materials and fabrication
• Maintains field change log for every project in the portfolio
• Prepare and maintains manpower histograms
• Progresses and maintains the current level 4 schedules on regular intervals to form an accurate basis for Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
• Influences the cost forecasting using schedule KPI’s
• High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred
• 15+ years EPC experience specializing in planning and scheduling
• Working knowledge of P6 scheduling software
• Working knowledge of SAP & MS office
• Working knowledge of cost reporting, forecasting, estimating and procurement activities
Lake Charles, TX
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Lake Charles, LA
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
27 nov 2018
31.12.2018 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.