Working within the Team responsible for Site Construction Management, thel Construction Monitor will assist in:
• The contractor's activities to ensure compliance with the contractual requirements, including identifying and managing key interface points as required for coordination of the overall works.
• Assist with satisfactory performance of the work by contractors and supplier's.
• Participate in QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection programs and activities for construction and installation activities of contractors and suppliers.
• Assist to ensure contractors and suppliers' QA/QC programs are implemented and effective.
The duties and job functions of the Construction Monitor shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in management oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection plans, procedures and checklists for inspecting and reporting of the work activities.
• Assist with monitoring, surveillance and inspection of the work, to ensure contractors' and suppliers' quality programs are fully implemented and effective through review and acceptance of contractors' quality documentation (including inspection and test plans, procedures, quality records, final documentation, etc.).
• Assist with full compliance with the regulatory requirements, technical specifications, drawings and any special supplier installation procedures as defined in contractors and suppliers' inspection and test plans.
• Work with Senior Construction Monitor to ensure contractors are working to the latest revisions of specifications, drawings, procedures and ITPs.
• Assist with detailed records of the work, including all observations and concerns.
• Assist with daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports and maintain quality control files of all on-going construction work.
• Assist with the quality audit and surveillance plan and issue reports such as corrective actions, non-conformances, and observations.
• Work with Shift Engineers and Construction Monitors to ensure clarity in understanding project and technical requirements, including specifications and drawings.
• Assist with the review of documentation received from contractor (material specification, method statements, Inspection and Test Plans, drawings, test results, other technical documentation, etc.) for implementation and compliance.
• Attend construction meetings as required.
• Assist the construction management team in the coordination and management of project interfaces between contractors.
• Assist to ensure turnover documentation is complete.
• Assist with contractors and suppliers to ensure all audit findings, NCR, etc. are closed.
• Other activities as assigned.
Bachelor of Engineering or Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering or a related discipline, supplemented by experience in construction monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities for large projects, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years experience in monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities on large construction projects. Combination of education / experience will be considered. Site Experience will be an asset.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, codes and standards.
• Knowledge of Quality Management principles
• Working knowledge of incident investigation / root cause analysis.
St. John's, NL
NSB | Omega
22 mai 2019
29.06.2019 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.