The Topsides Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the topsides scope of work, including follow on engineering, construction and commissioning of the topsides facilities. The Project Manager will manage and coordinate multidiscipline activities as directed by the Topsides Project Director. Commissioning and hook-up to ensure the project is executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective, operationally sound and timely manner.
• Providing clear and focused leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success and a strategy to fit that vision. Focusing on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
• Maturing and monitoring key criteria for the topsides based on reservoir and petroleum engineering data, regulatory requirements, safety and environmental standards, design codes and industry acceptable design practices.
• Delivering topsides scope of work consistent with the Design Basis established in the Detailed Engineering Design.
• Monitoring and trending project cost estimates. Working with the project services staff to prepare cost reports for the control/reporting of the project. Monitoring and controlling all cost aspects of the project including forecasting costs, obtaining approvals, identifying trends, taking action to avoid cost overruns and identifying opportunities. Assessing performance of cost control system and personnel.
• Ensuring the right monitoring or tracking system are in place and applied on the project. Tracking and monitoring the project schedule which allows work to be executed in logical sequences.
• Developing recovery schedules and means of mitigation as required.
• Support accurate and timely progress reporting to key stakeholders. Ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client and third parties and introducing changes where required.
• Working in conjunction with the appropriate risk management personnel to identify project risks and opportunities and monitor the closure of all identified risks and opportunities
• Assessing procurement process through the project to ensure packaged equipment meet specifications and are delivered on time and within budget
• Supervising the construction and installation of packaged equipment and systems procured to meet topsides Basis of Design in the hostile environment of the Grand Banks.
• Managing the construction and commissioning contractor(s) to ensure the topsides are delivered in accordance with the Basis of Design specifications and of acceptable quality and operationally sound. Verifying compliance with the functional specifications.
• Working closely with the Interface Manager to ensure proper interface planning is performed to ensure seamless mating, installation, hook up and commissioning into sustainable operation.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required;
• A member in good standing, or eligible for registration with, Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL);
• 5-10 years of experience managing topsides design and construction;
• Minimum of 15 years industry experience in project management/project engineering;
• Demonstrable commitment to Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Management in a project Environment.
• Available to travel occasionally to project sites for review meetings and inspections.
Travel Requirement: Occasional travel to the construction and other sites will be required. This may require travel outside of North America which will require a valid passport.
Medical (Physical) Requirements/Standards: Required to travel offshore from time to time, therefore you will be required to obtain medical clearance prior to travel offshore.
Allowances: Eligible for LOA
Oil and Gas Operator
19 des 2018
30.03.2019 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.