6 Month Initial Term
The Drilling Specialist is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day coordination of all rig related operations. This role includes interactions with the rig contractor, 3rd party service companies and Husky’s offshore operations team and carries the responsibility for the safe operations at rig site with respect to the execution of the work. The Drilling Specialist also ensures the work is conducted in accordance with company policy, the relevant regulations and the particular well program. Offshore travel may be required.
• Provide leadership and focus for drilling, completions and subsea operations to ensure a safe, compliant, cost-effective operation that delivers quality wells.
• Provide expert advice and assistance to the drilling superintendent and drilling engineers, drilling supervisors and managers on operations related issues.
• Demonstrate leadership in the aspects of Safety Management and regulatory compliance.
• Make technical reviews and evaluations of proposals for drilling equipment and procedures to ensure efficient and economic drilling operations, originate ideas for improvement, recommend new or change procedures, analyze and solve problems, work on special projects, and participate in training engineers and supervisors.
• Decision making with assessment of the possible risks.
• Act as a designate for the Drilling Superintendent.
• Close coordination with Well Design and Reservoir/G&G.
Must Have Skills:
• 20 years of operational experience in floating drilling and completions activities.
• Knowledge and understanding of service providers.
• Harsh environment, Deep Water and HPHT drilling Operations.
Qualified Candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada are encouraged to apply.
Senior Drilling Specialist
St. John's, NL
Oil and Gas Operator
04 apr 2019
18.04.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.