Our client in St. John's is seeking a Drilling Engineer for a 18-24 month term. This position is primarily onshore, in-office focused. Periodic travel offshore during operations should be expected.
The Drilling Engineer reports to the East Coast Well Design Team Lead. Drilling Engineer to work within the East Coast DCI team to design and support well programs for the client's East Coast operations. The candidate will work within an existing team of drilling engineers to design and plan subsea wells during the upcoming Terra Nova drilling campaign. The candidate will work in conjunction with various service provider representatives to plan and generate programs for use by Operations group and support the well design during execution. Candidate will be responsible for full scope including generation of time and cost estimates, technical specifications (casing design, fluids and cement programs) and work with the Completion and other engineering teams to ensure well is suitable for life-of-well operations.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or other degree with demonstrated engineering work experience.
- 5 years experience in drilling engineering including all aspects of well engineering.
- Knowledge of all aspects of drilling operations support with experience at the rig site.
- User of drilling and completion engineering calculating programs - hydraulics, torque & drag, stress analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of local subsurface issues
- Knowledge of local legislation
- Planning, cost management and logistics knowledge and awareness
- Expert user level computer skills
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Ability to register with PEGNL
Page not found
The job you tried to open was not found.