DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
• This position will be responsible for providing on-site inspection and monitoring of construction activity in accordance with the Project's Environmental and Regulatory Compliance Program.
• Acts under the direction of the Overland Transmission Environmental Lead in consultation with the Environmental Coordinator -Transmission.
• This position may be required to supervise or otherwise direct the clearing and access road construction Contractor activities, as they pertain to the installation and maintenance of environmental protection measures, including erosion controls, temporary stream crossing installation, quarrying, wildlife habitat, and buffer zone management.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
• Reports directly to the Overland Transmission Line Environmental Lead, with a functional reporting line to the Environmental Coordinator - HVdc Transmission.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
• Purpose: To carry-out field inspection and monitoring activities during the clearing and construction phases of the HVdc transmission line. The position will supervise the implementation of the Project's Environmental Management Program during clearing and access road construction.
• Scope: The On-Site Environmental Monitor will follow the transmission line clearing and access road construction fronts or transmission line construction fronts and be stationed at designated construction camps or hotels along the transmission corridor starting at Muskrat Falls (Labrador) and ending at the Soldier's Pond Converter Station on the Avalon Peninsula (Newfoundland).
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
This position will be responsible for providing on-site inspection and monitoring of construction activity in accordance with the Project's Environmental Program. Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
• Ensure construction activities abide by established environmental plans which include: Regulatory compliance Plan, Waste Management Plan, Environmental Management Plan, Environmental Protection Plan and Rehabilitation Plan.
• Carry out monitoring to assess adherence to environmental regulations and ensure mitigation measures are functioning as specified.
• When required, complete sampling of various media in the field, carry-out proper laboratory submission procedures and interpret analytical results against applicable regulatory criteria.
• Regular inspections of site works and completion of standard Environmental Site Inspection forms.
• Provide daily updates, as required, to the Environmental Engineering Coordinator —Transmission and Area Construction Manager.
• When required during the clearing and construction phase, provide direct supervision of the installation of environmental protection measures.
ENVIRONMENTAL OR CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
• 3 +years of relevant experience with preference to candidates with experience in construction and the energy industry.
• Preference given to candidates who have previous remote work experience.
Demonstrates the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
• Working knowledge of Federal and Provincial Environmental Acts, Regulations and Codes.
• Preferred that the candidate have experience operating 4-wheel drive vehicles, snow machines and all terrain vehicles.
• Recent first aid certification an asset
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Valid NL Drivers License
On Site Environmental Monitor
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
Page not found
The job you tried to open was not found.