The main focus for this Project Management role is to facilitate the coordination and successful completion of department projects. This role is expected to provide direct supervision, technical guidance and support to project resources. These resources may include permanent, term and contracted staff. Depending on the projects assigned; staff may consist of network engineers, technicians, systems analysts, technical architects, technical specialists, external consultants, vendors, etc. This role also may provide direction to team leads and other Information Systems resources as well as other functional areas/departments.
The Project Manager will be required to manage all knowledge areas in the project life cycle and lead project delivery for a portfolio of IT projects which may vary in size and complexity.
- Define project goals and objective and ensure they are aligned with corporate goals and objectives
- Define and manage project scope
- Manage all project change requests through change order process Plan, schedule and manage project timelines
- Assist in the development and validation of project estimates and budgets and effectively manage those budgets
- Provide financial reports and summaries as required
- Establish work plan and define resource requirements and arrangement for assignment or recruitment of project resources
- Define, manage and mitigate risk throughout the project
- Establish project communication plan and clearly communicate project expectations to team members, management teams and stakeholders, ensuring that project information is disseminated to the appropriate stakeholders at the appropriate time
- Determine frequency and content of project status reports Ensure proper quality management processes are followed Manage internal and external stakeholders expectations Define and disseminate project success criteria
- Develop and/or lead the Request for Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) process and any contracts associated with assigned projects
- Develop and build business relationships vital to project success
- Responsible for vendor management, contract negotiations and vendor performance Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and contractors throughout project life
- Manage any conflict within the project team and between the team and the business/external parties as necessary
- Ensure projects are effectively transitioned to operations
- Conduct project lesson learned and develop summary and recommendation reports Adhere to all corporate policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
- Minimum education level of a University Degree or equivalent College diploma with combined work experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years direct work experience in project management, including all aspects of project life cycle
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Strong decision making and conflict management skills
- Ability to coach, motivate, build trust, negotiate and communicate Demonstrate political, cultural and safety awareness
- PMP certification is an asset
St. John's, NL
IS Project Manager
St. John's, NL
NSB Client - Newfoundland and Labrador
28 jun 2019
17.07.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.