The Instrument Engineer is responsible for the design, engineering, and implementation of process instrumentation and control systems from initial conception through commissioning.
• Instrumentation and controls capital projects engineering including front-end-loading, cost estimates, specifications and oversight of detailed design.
• Identifying areas where instrumentation/controls can improve plant operation and profitability
• Owning and leveraging the application of instrumentation safety standards, mechanical integrity, design, and maintenance.
• Functioning as Project Engineer on instrumentation and control system capital projects and large instrumentation maintenance projects
• Using documentation systems and processes which maintain accurate instrumentation equipment and control system information and drawings
• Supporting criticality assessments of the plant's instrumentation equipment
• Designing Refinery Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) design and maintenance
• Performing Safety Integrity Level (SIL) analysis and engineering upgrades of safety instrumented systems
• Assisting in developing strategic plans for implementing/upgrading instrumentation and control systems
• Serving as a technical resource to properly identify new and existing equipment specifications and proper operating parameters/ranges for instrumentation equipment
• Overseeing application and interpretation of National Electric Code and other applicable city, state, federal codes and standards (e.g. NPRA, NFPA, API, ISA)
• Performing audits of instrumentation installations and process control loops including failure analysis inspections
• Interacting with engineering and construction contractors, both on- site and off- site
• Review instrument changes for Management of Change approval. Ensure that changes are properly designed and documented.
• Assist with training and development of operators, technicians, and engineers in order to high-grade skill sets with respect to the instrument asset base.
• Support DCS operator interfaces with respect to information presentation and abnormal situation management.
• Facilitate increases in unit availability, increases in product quality, and reductions in refinery maintenance costs by developing and maintaining reliability systems for the plant’s instrumentation assets. Provide leadership for implementation of these reliability systems.
Basic/Required: (Remember, anything listed in this section is a qualification the candidate MUST have in order to be considered.)
• Must possess a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Physics or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience in a refinery and/or chemical industry
• 2+ years of direct experience in process instrumentation design and/or maintenance.
Preferred: (Candidates do NOT have to have all of the items listed in this section to be considered.)
• Proficient in use of SAP - PM & PS Modules
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience designing and supporting Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), and High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems (HIPPS).
• Proficient in computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Projects
• Expert knowledge of field instrumentation and controls through design and field installation experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS), preferably on Honeywell TDC3000 / Experion and FSC Safety Managers.
• Demonstrated knowledge on Process Analyzers, Chromatographs, and Gas Monitoring Systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of SPI (InTools) database and specifications
• Strong analytical skills including statistical analysis
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment
• Accepts ownership, is accountable, and delivers on commitments
Ability to work in cross-functional teams
12+ month contract
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Ponca City, OK
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
07 mar 2019
31.05.2019 00.00 CET