Position be located at Sweeny, but start off in Houston until the candidate is oriented and brought up to speed in SAP.
• Work as a part of the project management team under direct supervision of the Project Procurement Manager (PPM), to support Project Purchasing and Buying activities.
• Supports in the oversight of the sourcing and selection process of major suppliers, by the Project Team and the Contractors including preparing and reviewing requests for bids, bid evaluations and approval of bid tabs and purchase orders.
• Supports the selection process of subcontractors, vendors and suppliers, including oversight and review of solicitations of interest, requests for quotes, contract evaluations, approval of bid tabs
• Contributes to issuing contracts, Purchase Orders and Service Orders.
• Processes SAP Requisitions to Issue Purchase Orders and Service Orders.
• Updates SAP Purchase Orders and Service Orders for approved Changes
• Participates to ensure the proper close out of procurement Purchase Orders, Service Orders and Contracts.
• Provides input on procurement issues and the Project procurement plan
• Defines, communicates and administers internal contractor procurement guidelines
• Monitors contractor's services, procurement and material control activities
• Communicates procurement issues to project team.
• Monitors procurement Purchase Order and Service Order budgets and performance measures
• Coordinates requests for vendor support
• Prepares and issues procurement lessons learned
Basic Requirements / Required Skills & Competencies:
• Minimum 5 years industry experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; and/or
• Has clearly demonstrated strong technical competence
• Basic understanding of the Business and Contract Law (offer and acceptance, negotiation, finalization and management of purchasing and contract arrangements for capital projects.)
• Knowledge of contracting compliance issues, procedures, specifications, and documentation requirements.
• Strong networking, interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies, in a diverse community.
• Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft office systems and Excel. Also knowledgeable of SharePoint
• Familiarity and prior experience working with SAP/BW
• Familiarity with ARIBA knowledge
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• University degree (preferred)
• Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
05 mar 2019
30.04.2019 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.