The Project Engineer is responsible for the development and execution of mid to large sized refining projects up to $100MM. This position interfaces with Unit Process Engineers, Operations, Maintenance, Planning, Commercial, Environmental, and Process Design to develop and execute a variety of projects to enhance safety, reliability, and profitability of refinery operations. This position is expected to manage projects through use of EPC contractors in a primarily task force environment.
-Responsible and accountable for all phases of project life cycle
-Supports development of scope definition
-Prepares project authorization documentation including cost estimates, project justification, schedules and execution plans
-Responsible for cost control, coordinating multi-discipline design resources, procurement, construction, commissioning, and project closeout activities
-Develops project contract strategies and prepares engineering / bid specifications
-Reviews designs, drawings, and material selections with multi-discipline integrated project team
-Coordinates all permitting activities and inspection resources
-Conducts safety audits and inspection in support of project construction
-Participates in process hazard analyses for new facilities, and supports development of MOC documentation. Completes Pre-Startup Safety Audit prior to commissioning new facilities
-Coordinates activities to closeout project documentation including inventory and as-built documentation, post project audits, and lessons learned
-Provides startup and operational troubleshooting assistance as needed for project implementation, including support for operating procedure development, operator training, and turnaround planning for new facilities
-Delegate any or all of the above activities to EPC contract work force
-Represents refinery and company in internal and external meetings, committess, networks, and organizations
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
• Minimum of 10 years project engineering work experience
• Minimum 5 years of EPC experience
• Able to read and understand specifications, schematics, diagrams, and drawings
• Willingness to maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
• Hold a valid driver’s license
• Bachelors degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
• Familiar with the concept of FEL – Front End Loading of projects
• General understanding of process safety management and inherently safer systems
• Past experience with refinery turnarounds
• Familiar with drafting techniques and symbols
• Champion of change to align with business strategies
• Courage to surface and resolve conflicts in a timely manner
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Disciplined problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently
• Effective teamwork and facilitation skills. The individual will be expected to interact with various departments within the refinery organization and coordinate activities of technical resources. Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Accepts ownership and is accountable for the assigned projects
• Dependable, follows through on promises and commitments
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing environments
• Administrative skills necessary to manage projects – planning, scheduling, cost estimating and tracking
• Ability to successfully perform tasks in SAP, word process, spreadsheet, and database software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and scheduling software (Microsoft Project) with little or no assistance.
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Lake Charles, LA
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
07 mai 2019
31.05.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.