- Provides day-to-day on-site supervision of rig-based well activities.
- Is the primary contact with the Drilling Contractor and third party contractors to ensure operations are performed in accordance with operational requirements, guidelines and programs, and in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Keeps the Platform Manager informed about issues relating to HSE, work management, simultaneous operations and significant technical well abnormalities.
- Coordinates resources of offshore execution team.
- Ensuring that operations comply with clients Management System.
- Be responsible for health and safety procedures being continuously enforced, and making capable decisions in emergency situations to prevent well catastrophes or significant financial losses.
- Ensure that rig and platform systems and third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained Ensure that drilling and completion procedures and programs are followed as planned and conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure changes to programmes are risk assessed and risks mitigated (ALARP) and communicated to the workforce Organize and order the necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling and completion operations.
- Ensure accurate and adequate reports and records are kept regarding operations, equipment, and performance evaluation.
- Approve the daily activity reports for rig-based activities.
- Ensure potential pollution control problems are considered, and the contingency plans are understood by involved personnel.
- Ensure that drills relating to well control are held on a regular basis.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment/materials/supplies to ensure a smooth ongoing operation.
- Ensure timely and accurate cost follow-up.
- Capture operational lessons learned for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensures that the handover process between the offshore execution team members is effective.
- Participate in the onshore planning process when necessary.
- Relieve the Drilling Superintendent as required.
- BSc Technical Graduate
- IWCF well control certificate
- Valid offshore survival certificate
- Valid Norwegian health certificate
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within the oil & gas business, min 5 years as drilling supervisor
- Good knowledge of regulations and relevant standards
- Broad offshore experience with subsea completion and clean-up / DST activities from a floater
- Preferable offshore experience with 6th generation rigs / dual derrick
- Creative, open, responsible and entrepreneurial
- Focused on performance and deliveries towards cost
- Self-motivated and self-driven
- Team oriented
- Very good communicating skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Good commercial understanding
Duration Start +/- August - estimated duration 50 - 90 days
Location Some time for planning and preparatioin work at Stavanger can be expected prior to drilling start-up. Then offshore, 3 candidates on night shift and 3 candidates on day shift.
Visit Inside Omega to browse the unique advantages available to our team. InsideOmega.com
Drilling Supervisors (6)
Page not found
The job you tried to open was not found.