• Participating and overseeing aspects of electrical engineering activities including: design, specifications and project management.
• Steward delivery of key project components through engineering, manufacturing and installation.
• Verify and manage the contractors and vendor progress through project execution.
• Work closely on the development of the Muskrat Falls generating station project, including construction power and other works as required.
• Review manufacturers' drawings and technical data to verify conformity with design criteria, technical specifications and standards, codes, practices and operating philosophy.
• Explore, analyze, and introduce new design concepts, solutions, and innovative methods for achieving the project's strategic objectives, relying on basic theory, first principles, and original ideas.
• Studies Drawings and specifications issued to the field and reports to Engineering Manager any ambiguities, interferences or errors found on the drawings, specifications and assigned work;
• Participate in review of Contractor's Quality Control program;
• Assist QA in review of Contractors material certification;
• Assist Home Office in preparation and conveyance of Engineering Change Notices;
• Provide technical support to construction activities at the worksite, while expediting design changes for timely response to Site Queries, Concession Requests and Change Requests;
• Advise Construction Manager and contractors on the interpretation of electrical drawings and specifications and advise on additional details or clarifications required from project design;
• Reviews proposals for field changes and substitutions and recommends action to Resident Engineer, Engineering Manager, and Construction Manager for approval;
~ Work with field engineers in problem recognition and resolution;
• Performs any other duties that may be requested by Resident Engineer; and, review of contractor's documentation related to electrical engineering works.
• Minimum of seven (7) years in the electrical engineering design field
• Will require significant electrical engineering experience in the refinery area involving turnarounds.
• Project management background with past experience on large scale projects.
• Demonstrated experience with identification of construction problems and resolution
• Demonstrated ability to verbally and graphically convey problem resolution to engineering and construction parties
• Familiarity required with codes and standards applicable with the discipline, particularly ASTM, IEEE, NEC, ANSI, IEC, CSA, ASME, and NFPA.