• Participating and overseeing aspects of electrical engineering activities including: design, specifications and project management.
• Steward delivery of key project components through engineering, manufacturing and installation.
• Verify and manage the contractors and vendor progress through project execution.
• Work closely on the development of the Muskrat Falls generating station project, including construction power and other works as required.
• Review manufacturers' drawings and technical data to verify conformity with design criteria, technical specifications and standards, codes, practices and operating philosophy.
• Explore, analyze, and introduce new design concepts, solutions, and innovative methods for achieving the project's strategic objectives, relying on basic theory, first principles, and original ideas.
• Studies Drawings and specifications issued to the field and reports to Engineering Manager any ambiguities, interferences or errors found on the drawings, specifications and assigned work;
• Participate in review of Contractor's Quality Control program;
• Assist QA in review of Contractors material certification;
• Assist Home Office in preparation and conveyance of Engineering Change Notices;
• Provide technical support to construction activities at the worksite, while expediting design changes for timely response to Site Queries, Concession Requests and Change Requests;
• Advise Construction Manager and contractors on the interpretation of electrical drawings and specifications and advise on additional details or clarifications required from project design;
• Reviews proposals for field changes and substitutions and recommends action to Resident Engineer, Engineering Manager, and Construction Manager for approval;
~ Work with field engineers in problem recognition and resolution;
• Performs any other duties that may be requested by Resident Engineer; and, review of contractor's documentation related to electrical engineering works.
• Minimum of seven (7) years in the electrical engineering design field
• Will require significant electrical engineering experience in the refinery area involving turnarounds.
• Project management background with past experience on large scale projects.
• Demonstrated experience with identification of construction problems and resolution
• Demonstrated ability to verbally and graphically convey problem resolution to engineering and construction parties
• Familiarity required with codes and standards applicable with the discipline, particularly ASTM, IEEE, NEC, ANSI, IEC, CSA, ASME, and NFPA.
Direct Hire Position
Belle Chasse, LA.
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Page not found
The job you tried to open was not found.