Purpose of the position:
The main purpose of this role is to perform technical supervision and leadership during all phases of the project. This will include close dialogue and support to the Project Manager, ensure close cooperation with Brownfield Engineering Lead, Aker BP functional leads, Aker BP Technical authority (TA), Contractors fabrication and construction teams as well as contractors support and follow-up.
The Project Engineer is accountable for providing engineering expertise for the project, ensuring full compliance with Client and industry standards. In addition, the Project Engineer will be a key member of the delivery team, and is expected to take a leading role in the project to ensure successful project delivery. This include working directly with engineering and other teams to assure compliant and high quality deliveries for the project. In particular:
- Ensure the rigorous application of Client and Industry engineering codes, standards, best practices and design guides. Follow up technical issues and engineering in general
- Preparation and hands-on involvement in writing technical documents. Typ: PEP, BOD, SOR & SOW.
- Preparation and coordination of all project documentation, using the relevant Project Tools
- Assure technical integrity for the process discipline. This includes interfacing with, and providing oversight of technical and process safety engineering associated with the process system
- Ensuring effective delivery of planning, scheduling, execution, close out and lessons learned for the project work
- Delivery of engineering and other studies during project phases as required
- To advise and assist relevant team leaders in matters related to the project
- Responsible for supporting the fabrication, construction and commissioning teams during the relevant later project phases
- Coordinate, prepare and deliver all formal reporting to the Project Manager
HSE: The position will demonstrate commitment to the HSE and ensure compliance with Code of Conduct, Client HSE Directives, and all other relevant HSE Regulations and guidelines
- MSc/BSc degree in a relevant discipline, and / or vast documented experience from Project Engineer role, or similar for Brownfield Projects
- Relevant experience with Process equipment in Brownfield projects.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience from Oil & Gas offshore industry
- Knowledge and experience with design and implementation of Process Control and Safety Systems, and the current regulations and standards
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others, share own learnings and work with a minimum of supervision
- Strategic planning skills. Based on experience, anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them
- Creativity and innovation.
- Willingly take the lead role when challenges occur
- Actively promotes open and efficient communication
- Strong planning and organising ability
- Actively promotes a positive team environment, demonstrating shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider project organisation.
- Actively engages and respects contributions from others, in face to face or virtual meetings.
- Seeks self development, and coaches others to improve their skills. Always seek improvements in doing things safer and more efficient, and thereby deliver value to the business
- Build and utilize networks to enhance improvements and share knowledge
- Good knowledge of the English and Norwegian languages (both written and verbal).
Duration ASAP - 28.02.2020
The position may involve offshore trips / surveys when required in order to fulfill the responsibility of the role
Visit Inside Omega to browse the unique advantages available to our team. InsideOmega.com
Purpose of the position:
Page not found
The job you tried to open was not found.