This position is intended to initially be located in the St. John's office for 8-10 months, later transitioning to the Muskrat Falls site.
As a key member of the Project Delivery Team, the Commissioning Planner is a key support resource to the Planning Lead in providing support and providing project controls services to ensure Nalcor's schedule management targets and objectives are fulfilled, as well as the Completion Team in the Commissioning and Start-up of various systems and assets as part of the overall Muskrat Falls Generating Station. The incumbent will support the Planning Lead in execution of established processes and systems to ensure that accurate schedule information is provided on a timely basis. The Commissioning Planner will be responsible to integrate the commissioning and start-up schedules of various contract scopes into an overall commissioning and start-up schedule. This will involve understanding and scheduling detailed work procedures and interfacing with Contractors, members of the Project Delivery Team, and the Newfoundland and Labrador System Operator.
• Facilitate coordination between Contractors and between Contractors and LCP Staff in regards to short, intermediate, and long term planning.
• Integration of commissioning and start-up schedules of various contarct scopes into an overall commissioning and start-up schedule
• Interfacing with Planning Lead, members of the Project Delivery Team, Completions Team, Contractors and the Newfoundland and Labrador System Operator for Commissioning and Start-up Planning
• Assist the Project Delivery Team in proactively identifying risks, and identifying mitigations and work-around plans
• Review of weekly and monthly contractor schedule deliverables, progress and performance, highlighting any trends, areas of concern and requirements for corrective action.
• Maintain the process for proactively managing the critical path for asset Commissioning and Start-Up.
• Provide timely variance analysis and an early warning to management on critical or near critical activities
• Participating in the development and implementation of "work-grounds" and mitigation plans.
• Participate in various coordination meetings
• Progress monitoring and reporting including analysis of contract and project schedules to highlight risks and areas of concern.
• Review of various Contractor deliverables including, work methods and procedures, Control Schedule Baseline Documents, Execution Plans, Schedule Development and Control Plans, monthly, weekly ,and daily reports.
technical Diploma, University degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Significant planning experience (15+years) on large engineering and construction projects with a focus on heavy civil and industrial projects. Site experience is an asset.
~ Significant Commissioning planning experience. Experience in the commissioning of Hydroelectric facilities a definite asset
• Experience in working as part of diverse work teams.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use Primavera P6.
• Commercially astute.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
• Experience with large national and international construction contractors.
• Experience with multiple forms of contracting.
• Adaptability to perform in demanding work environments.
Page not found
The job you tried to open was not found.