As a member of the Project Controls Team, the Junior Project Controls Specialist is a support resource to the Component Project Controls effort in providing support and project controls services, ensuring cost, schedule and change management targets and objectives are fulfilled. The Junior Project Controls Specialist supports the Transmission Project Controls Lead and Team in execution of established processes and systems to ensure that accurate information is provided on a timely basis.
The duties and job functions of the Junior Project Controls Coordinator shall include, but are not limited to the following:
• Familiarization with Transmission Project Controls procedures, processes and systems.
• Participate in the continuous development of effective cost, schedule and change management processes and tools.
• Assist project cost, schedule and change control teams, through accurate reporting, forecasting and variance analysis.
• Through analysis of cost, schedule and change management info assist providing management teams with accurate information to enable management informed decisions.
• Assist all cost control functions for Transmission contract packages (include assist with reporting to monitor costs, incurred, forecasting and change management).
• Assist planning and scheduling efforts in documenting and monitoring Transmission remaining scopes of work.
• Review prime contractor/s progress and applicable payment certificates alignment with schedule progress and performance reporting as a function of formal approvals.
• Tracking costs and schedule progress and forecasts for all Transmission service contracts and work related scope.
• Compilation and weekly issue of Transmission team's work-front progress and associated statistics.
• Assist regular planning and scheduling update communication with Transmission team and contractors, providing appropriate feedback and guidance on their submissions.
• Identify potential changes in project scope and participate in project change management reviews to ensure information is being reflected accurately and updated in accordance with the change management processes (DAN/PCN), confirming budget / contingency requests, coding and implementation plan.
• Entering DAN's / PCNs for potential deviations and project changes that affect Transmission scope and service packages.
• Bi-Weekly Meetings with Transmission Area Managers to update them on the latest cost, schedule and change management reports and review with them the latest Forecast and Potential deviations, ensuring they are informed and able to make timely decisions.
• Develop a detailed working knowledge of Transmission Contracts and Purchase Orders and assessment of completion for inclusion to Transmission closeout and asset reporting processes.
• Assist with Transmission close-out and asset capitalization processes.
• Provide input to transmission lessons learned database.
• Participate in Transmission project other duties as assigned by the Transmission Project Controls Lead.
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Interest in PMI and / or AACEI membership is advantageous.
•1 to 3 years experience on large Hydroelectric engineering and construction projects with a focus the Transmission scope and applicable assets. 'Cost, Planning, Scheduling, Project Change Control and Asset Closeout management experience on large construction projects. Site experience is considered an asset.
• Experience in working and daily communication as part of diverse work teams.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the use of MS Excel, MS Access, Primavera P6, LCP Tracker and Aconex.
• Experience in project progress and performance management and productivity analysis is an asset.
• Experience in project completions, close-out and final asset reporting processes is a requirement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
• Experience with large national and international construction contractors and cost/schedule analysis of applicable contracts.
• Experience in the use and application of Project Controls systems and Procedures.
• Adaptability to perform in demanding work environments.
• Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Client's vision and core values.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
• Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to safety, health and environmental issues.
• Demonstrates a knowledge base in Cost Control, Planning/Scheduling, Change Control and Asset Capitalization of large scale projects.
• Self starting, proactive individual requiring minimal supervision and working under broad management.
• Working knowledge of contracts and subcontracting principles.
• Working knowledge of project controls software and interrelationships.
• Works effectively in work groups with ability to maintain positive relationships with peers, contractors, supervisors and team members.
• Develops programs & objectives to meet general objectives outlined by Project.
• Proactively approaches and develops innovative solutions to problems on non-recurring / strategic issues.
• Team player with positive attitude.
• Strong customer service orientation and verbal communication skills.
St. John's, NL
Junior Project Controls Coordinator
St. John's, NL
NSB Client - Newfoundland and Labrador
07 mar 2019
19.03.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.