The Permit Coordinator has responsibility for the day-to-day coordination of the Permit to Work Procedure between all parties during the construction, commissioning, and handover stages of the main generation Powerhouse and Spillway Structures at the Muskrat Falls Generation construction site. Incumbent will also be responsible, through coordination of daily meetings, to liaise with multiple site groups including SIMOPS, Completions, Engineering, Procurement, Health & Safety, Environment, Quality Assurance, and Construction.
• Coordinate permitting application and reception of new permits including revision permits;
• Providing guidance, support and direction to the project team to ensure the effective coordination and timing of the required permits and approvals as they relate to the project schedule;
• Maintain permitting database where permits and permit conditions/requirements can be easily found and take responsibility to ensure compliance is met;
• Maintain an adequate documentation & filing system for all permit related documentation produced.
• Working with the project team, including the client and sub-contractors to identify all permits and approvalsrequired for the project. These include, but are not limited to those received from contracts, JHAs, Procedure standards to comply and to document compliance with the construction codes, environmental regulations, workplace safety regulations, etc.;
• Coordinate all permitting requirements in liaison with permit authorities;
• Coordinate the verification, review and application of new and revised legislation with respect to permitting within the business unit and coordinate the implementation.
• Participate in the applicable meetings representing the permitting function towards the various project leaders, providing input to and report on progress with planning & scheduling for projects and ongoing operations;
• Communicate closely with the project and all contractors and support functions involved in providing the requirements for permit submissions and permit maintenance;
• Assist the training department and be able to train issuers and receivers in the permit procedures and content of permits;
• Clear understanding of HSE Leadership (understand and develop relevance to HSE, capability to drive improved HSE performance, being visible and demonstrating HSE behaviours)
• University graduation with a Bachelor degree in Engineering related discipline, or appropriate mechanical, electrical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
• Experience working in energized installations.
• Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and in creating and maintaining systems and databases utilized for tracking purposes
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements and Construction Industry Best Practices considered an asset.
Muskrat Falls, NL
Muskrat Falls, NL
NSB Client - Newfoundland and Labrador
08 feb 2019
15.02.2019 23.01 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.