The Construction Lead is expected to manage the construction portion of a new Tail Gas Treater Unit. The Construction lead is expected to work with project engineers/managers in gaining refinery-wide buy in on project scope. Utilization and adherence to all client procedures and systems is required, specifically the Refining Engineering Practices (REPs), Safe Practice Procedures (SPPs), Incident Reporting, IMPACT Reporting, Cardinal Rules, Management of Change (MOC) process and the Project Development and Management System (PDMS). Training will be provided to the successful candidate on these procedures and systems prior to allocation of project field coordination responsibilities.
External Contacts: Regulatory authorities, engineering/consulting firms, construction contractors, vendor representatives.
Internal Contacts: Refinery Maintenance, Reliability, Operations, Engineering, Financial and Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Personnel.
The Construction Lead reports to the Project Manager. He/she is responsible and accountable for the construction phase of the project and must manage the construction in compliance with the Refining Engineering Practices (REPs), Safe Practice Procedures (SPPs), Incident Reporting, IMPACT Reporting, Cardinal Rules, Management of Change (MOC) process and the Project Development and Management System (PDMS).
The successful candidate for this position is responsible for the following:
• Reviews early design for constructability.
• Prepares or reviews/confirms, with project engineer/manager, project estimate & schedule.
Either coordinating the work directly, or by working through subordinate coordinators (contract or client):
• Works with project engineer/manager to execute the construction phase of the project through mobilization, installation, commissioning, demobilization and handover to Operations.
• Takes responsibility for all matters related to appropriate construction staffing to manage the project.
• Manages all change orders to maintain necessary budget controls.
• Acts within project approval authority for primary contracts and purchase orders (as determined by authority limitations).
• Takes accountability for deviation from project plans including scope change control and contract amendments.
• Ensures project completion and handover in accordance with the project plans.
• Works with the project engineer/manager to answer any Field Change Requests (FCRs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and to evaluate the quality of work, contractor safety commitment and ensure schedule compliance.
In the Closeout Phase:
• Works with project engineer/manager to ensure all Process Safety Management closeout documentation has been completed.
This job entails spending at least 50% of the time outside, entering confined spaces (infrequently during normal operations and more frequently during turnarounds), climbing stairs and/or ladders up to 200 steps occasionally, and exposure to dirt, dust and wet and/or humid conditions frequently. It also entails exposure to high and continuous levels of noise, vibration, extremes of temperature and hot equipment, hydrocarbon vapors, fumes and the potential for exposure to refinery chemicals including for example Hydrogen Sulfide, Carbon Monoxide, Benzene, HF Acid.
Employee must be willing and able to climb through and up equipment, towers, vessels, etc. to provide technical guidance during inspection and construction.
The employee is expected to comply with all legal requirements of the job including, but not limited to: strict observance of ethical guidelines, strict observance of environmental and engineering laws, guidelines and standards, and to provide leadership in health, safety and environmental performance. Additionally, this person is expected to follow all corporate HSE policies and guidelines.
Experience Required: Ten years minimum related construction coordination experience.
Required and Preferred Skills:
Strong leadership and coordination skills
Strong communication skills - written, verbal, and computer
Good grasp of construction coordination/management concepts, including project budgeting, project cost and project schedule control
Strong people skills and good team player
Troubleshooting/problem solving skills
Ability to perform tasks in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
16 to 18 months
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Construction Lead - TGTU
Belle Chasse, LA
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
02 mai 2019
31.07.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.