The Project Controls Manager is responsible for acting as the focal point to maintain control over the scheduling, estimating, budgeting, planning and cost control functions for a specific project.
Providing timely, validated and decision-making information about the project’s true status and forecast to the project manager.
Ensuring that the project controls and reporting mechanism is in place to monitor the performance of all contractors participating on the project.
• Integrate planning, scheduling, estimates, progress tracking and cost control into one function.
• Manage and prepare Job Cost Accounting – produce Monthly Project Status Reports.
• Prepare cost estimates, cost forecasts, cost trends, cash flow projections and other special cost studies for specific projects.
• Analyze and make recommendations of improvement pertaining to contractors’ Project Controls plans; including Engineering, Procurement and Construction components.
• Develop project-reporting procedures and formats used by engineering and construction subcontractors.
• Prepare management reports on the financial status and progress on projects.
• Validate the project status information provided by contractors.
• Determine all sources of project expenditures and how to forecast, collect and track the information.
• Account for and report Change Orders by project segment (by WBS).
• Participate in the evaluation and selection of contractors, sub-contractors and vendors.
• Provide input on commercial bid evaluation and contractors’ cost/schedule capabilities.
• Review/audit each invoice to insure correct charge coding.
• Assist with validation of cost of Contractor Change Orders.
• Be the Project Control representative in meetings with clients, senior management and project management.
• Give presentations related to the project control functions in a professional, well-spoken manner.
• Advise project manager of schedule problems/concerns and also offer recommendations to mitigate problem areas.
• Develop a Project Final Report identifying the performance against the control/budget and schedule baseline.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Position requires self-motivation, and ability to maintain high professional standards.
Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with various levels of management and employees.
Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 10-15 years of project experience in an engineering/construction company.
Engineering degree preferred.
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Houston, TX/Ferndale, WA
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
28 okt 2019
30.11.2019 00.00 CET