The Drilling Superintendent role it would be to provide expertise, guidance and support to deep-water projects, primarily supporting a deep-water exploration program offshore Atlantic Canada.
• Leading the well operations team, delivering safe, effective, and efficient well operations.
• Collaboration to deliver exploration drilling programs in Atlantic Canada
• Ensuring well operations are conducted in accordance with governance and consideration to key operational interfaces and ensuring well objectives are delivered.
• Developing a strong HSE culture within project teams, supporting HSE training for teams, encouraging use of available tools to effectively plan and deliver well operations safely.
• Providing leadership on any HSE issues that might arise during the program.
• Supporting the application of risk management principles through all stages of the Integrated Offshore Well Delivery process.
• Communication of identified risks and possible mitigation solutions to Client project stakeholders and external project stakeholders.
• Engaging with regulator, industry peers and Client regulatory compliance team to ensure the project is aligned with local regulatory requirements.
• Supporting submission of well permit applications to gain regulatory authorization in a timely manner during well planning and execution.
• Tracking operations effectively to ensure well program remains compliant throughout, ensuring regulatory reporting requirements with respect to HSE incidents are met.
• Liaising with Supply Chain Management (SCM) team
• Actively engaging with the rig contractor, service providers, and equipment manufacturers to ensure effective support of well operational excellence goals.
• Liaising with Logistics team
• For new technologies being applied, providing input to engineering team when performing a robust critical tool analysis approach.
• Capturing key lessons during the design, planning and execution process
• Ensuring that all training courses required to maintain competence are identified and attended.
• Providing mentoring and training for development of less experienced personnel across the onshore and offshore teams.
• Ensure direct reports are qualified and competent to perform their tasks. Identify competency gaps.
• Knowledgeable in deep-water MODU limitations and capabilities
• Experienced with procurement of well equipment and tendering of drilling services
• Effective in applying contractor management principles
• Knowledgeable in deep-water well control equipment and deep-water well control operations
• Can demonstrate experience with risk management techniques and process safety concepts in terms of effectively delivering wells.
• University Diploma or alternate acceptable experience-based qualifications
• Achieved certification in specific training courses, including:
• Existing Subsea Well Control Certification – Supervisory Level
• BOSIET with CA-EBS
• Risk Management Training
• 15+ years in the Drilling & Completions, 10+ years deep-water experience, with 5+ years Superintendent experience of Drilling Operations on deep water projects, with an operator
• Has exploration and appraisal experience, including working within Well Delivery Process / Stage Gate Process from concept development through project execution
• Harsh environment offshore and remote operating experience
• Has new country/ region entry experience and start up experience on deep-water operations offshore Atlantic Canada, including rig intake
St. John's, NL
NSB | Omega
04 sep 2019
27.09.2019 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.