Project Senior/Lead Process Engineer
In FEL-0, the Project Senior/Lead Process Engineer engages and supports the BU in developing scope and alternatives to meet a business objectives. He pushes the team to consider a wide range of potential solutions. In FEL-1, the Senior/Lead Process engineer guides the team in narrowing down the scope to a single concept and takes a lead role in technology selection as required. In FEL-2+, the Senior/Lead Process Engineer guides and coordinate the work of the owner Process Engineers to support the project team and the contractor in development of the design and process related deliverables.
The Senior/Lead Process Engineer is accountable for the quality of the contractors’ H&MB, PFD’s, and P&IDs and approves the work. The Senior/Lead Process Engineer is accountable along with the entire project team in assuring that all phases of the design is safe, operable, reliable and meets the required business objectives efficiently at minimum capital cost. To achieve this, the process engineer will liase with appropriate BU and Corporate resources including but not limited to Operation, Technical, and Environmental. The Senior/Lead Process Engineer is accountable for review and approval of the contractors’ process engineering work for accuracy during FEL and detailed design.
• Lead/assist BU in writing the Business Objectives Letter, Premise, and Economic Justification documents.
• Lead/assist BU in framing the project to set early project scope and alternatives.
• Lead the process for Technology review and selection, interfacing with corporate resources as appropriate.
• Perform/review process simulations as required.
• Lead/assist BU and contractors in establishment of Process Basis of Design.
• Review and approve contractor PFD’s and H&MB’s ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Review contractors’ equipment sizing and hydraulic calculations.
• Review and approve contractors’ P&ID’s.
• Coordinate and participate in project PHA/LOPA sessions and ensure all resulting process related action items are addressed prior to final PSSR
• Assist Environmental or oversee consultants in preparation and submittal of environmental permit.
• Assist the Prepare to Operate team as required in preparation and review of operating procedures, training material, and other necessary pre-startup documentation and operating guidance (Process Safety Information).
• Recommend and coordinate process studies to be performed by the contractor.
• Ensure contractors process engineering team is performing effectively and meeting objectives, expected deliverables, and schedule.
• Coordinate key design and economic reviews with BU and company resources.
• Has clearly demonstrated strong technical competence in process engineering.
• Has extensive experience in design, operation or technical support of Refining or Mid-Stream units.
• Knowledgeable in Process Simulation.
• Knowledgeable in Project Processes (CPMS) and project economic analysis methods (NPV, IRR)
• Knowledgeable of the REPS and specific BU preferences
• Familiar with a broad range of technologies including the technologies to be used in the project.
• Knowlegable of the key operating, start-up and shutdown proceedures of the units affected by the project.
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally, up and down the organization.
• Familiar with key technical resources available to the project from both the company and contractor and utilizes appropriately.
• Able to think at both strategic and execution levels, solve problems and make decisions.
• Knowledgeable of corporate and site PSM Management of Change requirements concerning process changes and chemical hazard management.
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
29 aug 2019
31.10.2019 00.00 CET