- Perform inspection to ensure that the construction work is performed and duly comply to project specific quality requirements.
- Verify construction process inspection, final inspection and welding.
- Supervise welding control and inspection.
- Prepare and maintain Welding Audit Report during construction.
- Record result of inspections and maintain records of specific items as per contract/specifications.
- Contribute to give input to Contractor’s Inspection and Test Plan (ITP).
- Raise Quality Observation reports as seen during inspection and follow-up on status of rework and close-out.
- Observe and report any non-recorded repair work
- Ensure proper use of structural steel material (grade, thickness)
- Ensure proper NDT requirements as per specifications.
- Ensure bevel preparation is in adequacy with the designed weld details
- Interpret RT films pertaining to welding joints.
- Review all NDT reports and approval.
- Establish and maintain inspection and NDT progress status on weekly basis.
- Generate weekly weld rejection rate summary.
- Witness all testing activities.
- Monitor PWHT.
- Attend to all potential quality problems to prevent occurrence of defects.
- Ensure that the quality assurance record books are properly documented and maintained by Contractor.
- Prepare and compile the final punch list prior to delivery of the fabricated and assembled components.
- Liaise with other disciplines (piping, electrical, outfitting, welding) for consistency of the construction coordination
Additional focus areas:
Continuously be a role model for HSE standards, at all construction sites
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience together with a trade or higher qualification in structural discipline
- Familiar with Class rules, DNV-GL
- Familiar with the Yard practices (Construction drawing, shop drawing NDE map and weld map)
- Comprehensive knowledge in structure, welding, material, corrosion and NDE.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, spread sheets and e-mail communications.
- Recognition as an inspector through an organisation such as CSWIP 3.1 or 3.2,
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing), communication and reporting skills.
- Good communication and co-operative skills
- Structured and systematical
- Hands-on attitude
- Willingness and ability to contribute and intervene
- Strong HSE focus
- A strong team player with ability to handle high work load
- Cultural understanding
Duration ASAP - 30.04.2020
Location Singapore (Tanjong Kling, Tuas, Admirality)
Visit Inside Omega to browse the unique advantages available to our team. InsideOmega.com
One of our operators
26 aug 2019
23.09.2019 18.00 CET
Local candidates only.