Contract Specialist - Refining
Contract Support is responsible for the development and fulfilment of Procurement Contract requirements for assigned business areas in the BU. The role will execute the sourcing and contracting of goods and/or services required for the business. This also includes the execution, operation, and life-cycle management of sourcing and contracting strategies while ensuring alignment with applicable Category Management strategies.
The following is a summary of key accountabilities for this position:
• Execute day-to-day activities in the fulfillment of procurement contracting needs for business. [70%]
• Support the implementation, adoption and compliance of Contracting Standards and Key Procedures for the assigned business. [15%]
• Drive continuous improvement efforts to simplify and streamline contracting processes for business. [15%]
Essential Functions / Key Accountabilities
1. Contributes to Procurement objectives by executing the Procurement strategy.
2. Supports and contributes to Procurement goals by providing the expertise necessary for development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of leading contracting management processes.
3. Interfaces with Category Management to drive alignment on category and contracting strategies and contracting requirements.
4. Develops strong results based networks with key business leaders to facilitate sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.
5. Complies with relevant policies, standards and key procedures and minimizes risk and cost exposure.
1. Executes the contracting processes (contract strategy, negotiations, T&Cs, implementation, maintenance and monitoring, etc.).
2. Develops sound, fit for purpose contracts of the highest standard, and to the schedule requirements of the business.
3. Complies with Procurement Policy, Internal Control Standards, and Contracting Standards and Key Procedures.
4. Participates in the development and maintenance of the Contracting Standards and Key Procedures.
5. Supports continuous improvement efforts to streamline contract management processes and attain the highest level of customer service.
6. Supports the development and continuous improvement of standard contracting templates and contract clauses.
7. Strives to achieve in all aspects of contracts excellence; planning, solicitation, development, negotiation, execution and operationalization.
8. As directed, provides sourcing process execution in support of Category Management initiatives.
9. Applies knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to develop appropriate terms and conditions.
10. Implements new contracts, uploads contracts into the Global Contracts Management System (gCMS) and ensures effective hand over to and understanding of contract terms by business stakeholders.
11. Supports loading and set-up of contracts and OLAs (where applicable) in SAP
12. Uses knowledge of gCMS and available system functionality to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of contracting management processes.
13. Collaborates with Commercial Excellence Coordinator regarding contract data maintenance.
14. Utilizes approved contract templates when possible and engages legal when required.
15. Develops master agreements, contract service call-offs, amendments, and contract addendums.
16. Ensures alignment between Master Services Agreements and the sub-commitments governed by them.
17. Advises Category Management and Strategic Sourcing teams during commercial negotiations (and may participate).
18. Maintains appropriate contract files in accordance with document retention policy and supports required audit activity.
19. Drives formal RFx (requests for information, proposals or quotes). Performs pre-bid and pre-award meetings. Analyzes suitability of bids dependent on time constraints, cost, safety and quality assurance. Prepares bid evaluations and seeks appropriate approvals of awards.
20. Develops and executes advanced contracting strategies:
a. Combination of work (Lotting)
b. Type of bids - T&M, Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Lump sum, Unit Based, etc.
21. Supports consultation regarding post-award contract disputes.
22. Leverages best practices to enable new approaches to Contracts processes.
23. Collaborates across the Contracts function to learn and apply best practices in developing commercial contract terms.
24. Manages stakeholder communications regarding Contracts process changes.
25. As required, resolves issues (pricing, quality, timing, claims, liens, etc.) associated with purchase agreements and deliverables.
26. Works with Contract Compliance to integrate best practices and lessons learned from compliance audits.
27. Works with Legal to ensure compliance with all requirements and legal statutes.
28. Coaches and mentors junior contract professionals regarding contracting matters and utilization of relevant processes and IT applications.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or relevant discipline.
• Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or relevant discipline (Preferred).
• 5-10 years of relevant experience
• 5+ years of sourcing and contracting experience. (Preferred)
• Knowledge or firsthand experience with refinery, chemical plant or midstream work processes (Preferred).
Required Skills / Competencies
• Strong knowledge of Contract Management processes and tools. Understanding "what great looks like".
• Strong commercial acumen with demonstrated competency in sourcing and contracting practices.
• Advanced contract drafting skills.
• Proven procurement technical skills in the development and execution of negotiation strategies as well as contract implementation planning & execution.
• Proven self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities.
• Strong analytical, fact-based problem-solving skills.
• Effective communicator with good presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence third parties such as suppliers, governmental organizations and partners.
• Knowledge of commercial frameworks and contract terms & conditions.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills & ability to effectively apply analytical tools, concepts and methods.
• Ability to understand user needs, interact with the businesses and provide alternative solutions.
• Working knowledge of Commercial Contract Law and its use in establishing procurement contracts and negotiating settlements.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to establish priorities and manage to planned outcomes.
• Demonstrated relentless drive and determination to achieve success.
• Ability to coordinate multiple activities, prioritize tasks, and respond quickly to stakeholders.
• Ability to manage organization and behavioral change in complex environments.
• Fosters effective teamwork and collaboration.
• Demonstrated ability to develop wide and diverse networks.
• Passion for continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated ethical integrity.
• Working knowledge of SAP and other procurement technologies (e.g., e-Sourcing, contract lifecycle management, SRPM) (Preferred)
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
12 aug 2019
22.08.2019 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.