This position focuses on the loading, maintenance and quality control of geoscience data, legal and commercial documents in accordance with company standards. The role entails extensive contact with all involved disciplines. A good overview of all activities, information and data flows will be developed.
- Make geoscience data/documents available to the assets by the execution of data loading, extraction, integration, transfer, clean-up, publishing and archiving
- Use data management and data science tools/technologies to improve data flows between the main applications and data stores
- Execute company governing and audit practices for quality assurance and quality control
- Understand and comply with jurisdictional data management related rules and regulations
- Be an active member in data management initiatives and team projects
- Collaborate and provide support for other office locations
- Support the efforts of the DM community to improve literacy in the business of digitalisation, ML, AI, data analytics and automation
- Receive/catalog inbound data from Vendors and Partners
- Distribute outbound data to Partners and Authorities
- Manage common disk space (Windows and Linux) and working areas for users and ensure naming standards are being followed
- Manage data transfer media (SFTP sites, tapes, USB)
- Assist in the management of on-site and off-site physical storage areas
- Interface with IT to improve interpreter efficiency & overcome technical obstacles
- Document workflows or processes
- Provide document management support
- University degree or graduate from a Geoscience Information Technology program or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a high academic performer
- Experience from data management, loading, clean-up, data flow, quality control and reporting routines.
- Experience with Geophysical & Geological data and a general understanding of G&G databases.
- Experience with geospatial references (CRS)
- Familiar with standard software for geodata management (Petrel, Studio, GIS, Spotfire, Power BI, Documentum)
- Experience or interest for scripting tools (i.e. Python, R, PowerShell), automation of data/work flows and data analytics would be an advantage
Personal qualities/Professional skills
- Forward leaning problem solver, willing to learn and share experiences
- Well organized
- Intellectual curiosity, propensity for critical thinking, resourcefulness and strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to write and understand scripts and reformat data
- Ability to prioritize, focus on task and deliver on time
- Innovative and agile way of thinking and working
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple functions within the company
- Good communication skills and ability to work across technical/business domains
- Open and a good listener
Data Management Analyst
09 sep 2019
20.09.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.