This position is responsible for planning, scheduling, and progress measurement on portfolio of Projects across the globe. This role provides support to the project by establishing the overall functional planning & scheduling processes, developing overall project plans and schedules, defining and implementing an overall progress measurement process for reporting and analyzing emerging progress trends. The Planning & Scheduling Lead is responsible for supporting projects in a lead role.
• Supports projects in the execution of overall planning, scheduling and general project control duties as may be necessary in the delivery of the work.
• Develops and maintains the overall planning, scheduling and progress measurement processes and procedures for the execution of the work and coordinates with Delivery Champions and Project Leadership Team to ensure their consistent and timely implementation.
• Prepares and maintains Project plans, schedules and associated management progress reports to determine progress against established targets and control baselines.
• Ensures a consistent and timely utilization of the Primavera scheduling system for the preparation of detail schedules and their analysis of emerging trends.
• Directs and supervises subordinate schedulers as may be assigned to this effort.
• Interfaces with Delivery Champions and Contractor organizations in the development, execution and maintenance of their respective scheduling efforts.
• Interfaces with the Procurement organization on all project matters associated with the planning and scheduling activities.
• Establishes and controls Project Plans through the creation and implementation of appropriate Project Planning, Scheduling and Progress Measurement procedures, processes, and systems.
• Captures and reports against project activity by developing progress and performance data to enable Project forecasts and status reports to be prepared for management review and action.
• Gathers and provides reliable schedule and progress trend information for input to company’s financial systems.
• Participates in project cost & schedule risk workshops, assisting with the modelling of the project’s schedule outcome and facilitate the ongoing implementation of a project-wide change and contingency management process.
• Supports the review and evaluation of project schedule related information of the tender submissions for each project phase.
• Provides input and support for the overall assurance reviews where necessary and applicable to the planning and scheduling function.
• Gathers and analyzes execute phase benchmark data to support the cost & schedule assurance processes.
• Ensures compatibility of contractor’s progress reporting efforts with the integrated Project team reporting requirements
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with contractor project controls and project management teams
• B.S. Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Management or related technical field.
• Preferred: Bilingual – Spanish / English.
• 10 or more years of progressive experience in varying planning & scheduling capacities on large capital projects ($150M+).
• Extensive experience in all aspects of planning & scheduling during detailed engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of a large capital project.
• Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to understand technical information and communicate progress to both technical and management level personnel.
• Exceptional management and positive leadership experience managing planning & scheduling staff.
• Exceptional reporting and presentation skills with good attention to detail.
• Demonstrate the use of ACUMEN fuse
• Demonstrated ability to work with project teams to influence and achieve desired results.
• Proficiency in project controls tools and work processes: Earned Value, MS Office (spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, and graphics) and Project Controls software (Primavera, etc.).
Temp to hire
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Clear Lake, TX
23 apr 2019
31.05.2019 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.