As a key member of the Project Delivery Team, the Planner is a key support resource to the Planning Lead in providing support and providing project controls services to ensure Nalcor's schedule management targets and objectives are fulfilled. The incumbent will support the Planning Lead in execution of established processes and systems to ensure that accurate
schedule information is provided on a timely basis. The Planner will be part of a team responsible for the management of execution work by various contracts, as well as in integrating the scope and scheduling information into overall near and intermediate term integration schedules. This will involve understanding and scheduling detailed work procedures and interfacing with Contractors, members of the Project Delivery Team, and the Construction Management Team.
• Facilitate coordination between Contractors and between Contractors and LCP Staff in regards to short and intermediate term planning.
• Integrating scope and scheduling information into near and intermediate term integration schedules
• Interfacing with Planning Lead, members of the Project Delivery Team, and Contractors for execution planning
• Assist in the management of Commissioning and Start-Up schedules under the direction of the Planning Lead, Site Planning Lead and Commissioning Planner
• Assist Construction Management Team, along with other members of the Project Delivery Team, in proactively identifying risks, and identifying mitigations and work-around plans
• Review of weekly and monthly contractor schedule deliverables, progress and performance, highlighting any trends, areas of concern and requirements for corrective action.
• Provide timely variance analysis and an early warning to management on critical or near critical activities
• Participating in the development and implementation of "work-grounds" and mitigation plans.
• Participate in various coordination meetings
• Progress monitoring and reporting including analysis of contract and project schedules to highlight risks and areas of concern.
• Review of various Contractor deliverables including, work methods and procedures, Control Schedule Baseline Documents, Execution Plans, Schedule Development and Control Plans, monthly, weekly ,and daily reports.
Technical Diploma, University degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Significant planning experience (10+years) on large engineering and construction projects with a focus on heavy civil and industrial projects. Site experience is an asset.
• Commissioning planning experience an asset
• Experience in working as part of diverse~Tvork teams.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use Primavera P6.
• Commercially astute.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
• Experience with large national and international construction contractors.
• Experience with multiple forms of contracting.
• Adaptability to perform in demanding work environments.