Main responsibilities and reporting Field engineer shall ensure that the activities and scope for construction within the discipline is planned, qualified, performed and documented in accordance with the contract specifications and with a high focus on cost efficient construction. The Field engineer is reporting to the Construction lead. Also, collaboration with the Project Discipline lead Engineer on discipline matters is expected.
The discipline lead engineer is accountable for decisions within the discipline (i.a. NCRs, TQs, design issues).
- Monitoring of Contractors fabrication activities within the discipline with emphasis on quality, schedule, cost efficiency and HSE.
- Monitor work progress against plans and schedules and highlight areas of concern and possible corrective actions
- Participate in engineering and construction reviews to secure feasible and cost-efficient end result in construction
- Ensure that Contractors site personnel are qualified in accordance with project requirements.
- Supervise inspectors in site team Plan/Participate in audits / verifications as required.
- Ensure that all required procedure qualifications are performed.
- Review selected drawings and documents issued by Contractor Provide inputs to decisions within the discipline (i.e NCRs, TQs, design issues)
- Ensure that systems and equipment are protected and preserved
- Ensure that fabrication documentation is issued by Contractor in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure that all required fabrication records are prepared.
- Report deviations and highlight problem areas to Construction lead
- Ensure completion for handover to commissioning.
- Participate in area / system punch out as required and monitor status.
Additional focus areas: Continuously be a role model for HSE standards, at all sites
- BSc degree within materials technology, European Welding Engineer (EWE) or similar.
- Certified welding inspector according to NS477, CSWIP or another recognized standard
- Certified to Level II in MT and UT according to ISO 9712
- Minimum 5 years documented experience from similar position in both subsea and topside projects
- Strong HSE focus
- A strong team player with ability to handle high work load
- Language requirements: English and Norwegian
Duration 01.01.2019 - 30.04.2021
Options 2 x 6 months
Location Egersund, some travelling to Poland must be expected.
Visit Inside Omega to browse the unique advantages available to our team. InsideOmega.com
Structure and Welding Field Engineer
Et norsk oljeselskap / a Norwegian oil company
30 nov 2018
10.12.2018 10.00 CET
This job has expired.