Our Client is looking for a Onshore Operations Manager/Site Manager for an upcoming scope in 2017, from March 2017 until September 2017.
This is role requires a 4 Week 2 Week off rotation schedule at either Point Aconi, Nova Scotia, or Cape Ray, NL.
Our Client is currently looking to fill 4 positions, Preference is given to candidates residing in Newfoundland & Labrador or Nova Scotia, other candidates considered, but must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Responsible for site management during onshore installation and related activities on site during the project.
- Ensure onshore project operations are performed according to agreed scope of work and within budget and on schedule.
- Manage day to day activities on sites
- Contact person for Client site representatives, Subcontractors and other local stake holders.
- Provide local assistance regarding purchasing of goods and services.
- Provide local assistance regarding logistics and transportation of equipment and personnel.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage daily operations on sites in accordance with other members of project team as well as contractual requirements towards Client and Subcontractors.
- Contact person for Client, third party Contractors and Subcontractors on site.
- Assist in coordinating onshore site progress with offshore vessel schedule.
- Stand for decisions. Set a good example. Facilitate development. Show interest and care. Engage surroundings. Respect individual and cultural differences. Pay attention to surroundings. Delegate responsibility. Make and implement decisions.
- Understand and apply labour laws and regulations for current site.
- Manage and follow up local resources to facilitate onshore installation activities
- Obtain an overview of SoW and schedule. Contribute to the rotation plans for all involved personnel are correct.
- Identify, define and manage resource requirements
- Make sure that all possible claims and disputes are logged according to agreement with the project administration, Client and Subcontractors.
- Oversee and control Subcontractors running cost (LEMs, timesheets etc.).
- Review of weekly LEM summaries from Subcontractors.
- Review of invoices from Subcontractors.
- Ensure system for variations are followed.
- Motivate the project team to use the most cost-effective solutions in the project execution.
- Ensure that economical footprint in regards of Subcontractors, own- and hired resources are kept to a right level.
- Report errors in relation to the budget, cost, time and resources.
- Keep control of site schedule and provide input for rescheduling.
- Manage daily or regular meetings with Client site representatives.
- Coordinate interfaces with other contractors and Subcontractors on site.
- Arrange and conduct meetings with contractors on site.
- Implement methods for managing and defining interfaces.
- Ensure that the site is in compliance with Client, Owner and local rules and requirements.
- Ensure that employees and contractors have the required courses and training
- Ensure that QHSE incidents are reported and followed up.
- Report to the project team.
- Report QHSE, commercial deviations and non-conformance to the project administration.
- Ensure that daily progress reports for all onshore installation activities are issued daily and that the wording and content is correct in regard to possible claim handling.
- Share relevant information from site with the site administration and project administration.
Budget normally between 1 M - 6 M, Typical number of personnel involved is 20 + Subcontractors + Client. Experience from working in technical environments. Project management and execution experience. Local knowledge from area of operation. Experience from oil and gas or other larger installation projects.