The Permit Issuer has responsibility for issuing Permits under the Permit to Work Procedure during the construction, commissioning, and handover stages of the main generation Powerhouse and Spillway Structures at the construction site. The incumbent will also be responsible for in-the-field assessments to verify that contractors issued work Permits are operating within the permitted area and work scope, and as per the processed outlined in the approved Permit Application.
• Assist the PTW Coordinator in carrying out his/her duties;
• Review Permits to Work with the Permit Receiver;
• Review Permit applications for completeness and accuracy;
• Confirm that Special Permits include all required supporting documents;
• Issue Work Permits to the Contractor;
• Provide assessments of approved Permits to confirm that Permit Receivers are operating within their permitted area and work scope;
• Review Validation and Transfer Certificates for compliance with PTW Procedures;
• Consult with Isolation Authority and HSSER Department as required to resolve technical issues that may arise;
• Perform Permit Office data entry requirements;
• Provide a communications link between the Permit Office and Contractor field personnel.
• Appropriate mechanical, electrical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
• Experience working in energized installations.
• Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and in maintaining systems and databases utilized for tracking purposes
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements and Construction Industry Best Practices considered an asset
• Knowledge in the requirements of CSA-Z462 workplace electrical safety
Muskrat Falls, NL
Muskrat Falls, NL
NSB Client - Newfoundland and Labrador
08 feb 2019
15.02.2019 23.01 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.