The Project Manager works directly for the Capital Project Team Lead and is accountable for coordinating and managing multiple Refinery-based projects from early front-end loading through detailed design, procurement and construction. Project sizes range between $0.5MM and $20MM and may include the following responsibilities:
• Coordination and management of multiple capital projects. Serve as the single point of a accountability for project status and performance.
• Facilitate multi-disciplinary project teams to define and validate project assumptions, scope and development plans from early FEL through commissioning and startup.
• Work with others within the refinery to develop project funding documents and facilitate project funding requests with management.
• Ensure all project engineering activities are implemented in a manner consistent with Phillips 66 core values, Phillips 66 engineering and refining standards and required practices as well as applicable federal, state and local regulations.
• Utilize the Borger Small Project Development Process and related tools to guide each project‘s development.
• Facilitate the development of detailed Project Execution Plans which include engineering, procurement, construction and prepare-to-operate activities.
• Develop and/or facilitate project cost estimates and schedules.
• Active engagement and leadership in process safety management including management of change, hazard reviews and pre-startup safety reviews.
• Actively drive project safety through engineering design, project execution practices and personal involvement in construction planning and field activities.
• Coordinate with others to define and secure the necessary environmental and other project-related permits.
• Accountable for the development and/or evaluation of bid specifications for contract services, equipment and materials.
• Accountable for the identification and active management of project risks.
• Regularly report and forecast project cost and schedule performance and issue various project status reports throughout the life of a project.
• Accountable for active engagement and leadership in the project change management process.
• Review and certify project related invoices to ensure only proper charges are paid.
• Maintain suitable records of correspondence, meetings and project decisions for reference and auditing purposes.
• Provide input to turnaround planning and support execution of turnarounds as required.
• Complete all project closeout documentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• Five or more years of experience in a process industry.
• Three or more years of experience managing capital projects.
• Knowledgeable of the FEL and Project Approval Process
• Familiar with the Environmental Permitting Process
• Ability to lead preparation of the Cost Estimate and facilitate the review process
• Preparing and giving presentations to various levels of the Company and other Stakeholders
• Skilled in reviewing schedules and using the schedule to drive Project performance
• Experience in all phases of contractor evaluation and the bid and award process
• Ability to effectively use the Procurement practices on Projects. Familiar with a wide variety of vendors and fabricators
• Experience with managing and forecasting costs in a complex environment
• Experience in recognizing and evaluating risk
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Three or more years of project management experience in a refinery.
• Five or more years of experience working on capital projects in the midstream, chemicals or refining industry.
• Experience working with an engineering contractor as the client.
• Field experience on capital projects with an understanding of construction issues that indicate good engineering performance.
• Strong knowledge of engineering standards, procedures, and best practices with ability to apply to specific project requirements.
• Ability to influence and direct the work of others without a “line of sight” reporting structure.
• Self-starter capable of working with limited supervision.
• Familiarity with MS Project, Primavera, Icarus, SAP.
• Experience in negotiating contracts and settlements
• Working knowledge of Contract Terms and Conditions
• Field experience with Project Construction
• Experience in Engineering Contractors offices
• Strong experience in Project Controls
3+ year contract
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Midstream/Downstream Oil and Gas Operator
01 feb 2019
30.04.2019 00.00 CET
Local candidates only.