Candidates must have experience in the safety field.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting both office and field operation pertaining to aspects of the Project Health, Safety, Security and Emergency Response (HSSER) Management System with regard to HSSER records management, statistical reporting, communication and coordination.
• Administers and maintains the development and maintenance of a HSSER information and incident reporting database.
• Identifies, organizes and inputs large quantities of safety personnel information, generated through operating activities including (where applicable) trending of key HSSER issues.
• Assist with the cataloging and filing of key communications with various regulators and assist the HSSER with tracking any outstanding items to completion.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of the HSSER Group filing systems, computer based files and forms and acts as the technical resource for compiling specified reports, from one or several sources.
• Compiles HSSER data into trending and statistical formats, communicating end results to the HSSER Managers) and Team, as appropriate.
Assist the HSSER Team with coordination of HSSER documents into Aconex, including formatting, distribution and tracking any outstanding items for the group.
• Assist the HSSER Managers) with coordination of Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) Meetings, includingHandover Meetings and Training coordination. This includes meeting scheduling, documenting meeting minutes/issues and preparing weekly EOC handover documents.
• Attend and document issues associated with various HSSER Meetings held in St. John's.
• Ensure HSSER information and documentation is current and maintained in the Emergency Operations Centre at all times. Ensure both the persons on site list as well as the on-call list are current and posted in the Emergency Operations Centre. Ensure a systematic approach to information management applying best business practice and ethics contributing to the systems integrity and handling of confidential information. This is a very task oriented position that requires a high degree of concentration over extended periods of time and a high degree of speed and accuracy.
• Compile and prepare HSSER power point presentations for HSSER Managers) in support of Monthly HSSER Meetings.
• Utilizes excellent planning, organizational, communication and monitoring skills and informs HSSER managers) daily of activities and progress for assigned tasks and projects.
• Utilize word processing (MS Word, Excel and Power Point), as required to prepare letters, memos and other documentation. The typing of priority documents shall be subject to the approval of the Site Office Administrator orhis/her delegate;
• Ensure incoming mail, documents, faxes are delivered in a timely manner to the correct person. Outgoing documentation to be clearly marked;
• Make photocopies and distribute when required; and arrange for bulk copies and special print jobs;
• Printing and distribution of documents when received;
• Monitor and update office supplies as required (i.e. requisition stationery, etc.);
• Provide ongoing support to front desk reception where required;
• Book conference or function rooms as required and maintain the necessary register for the rooms;
• Advise project administration of any technical problems affecting personal or department productivity (i.e. LAN downtown, photocopier breakdowns, etc.);
• Take and Type Minutes of Meetings as required;
• Diploma in Office Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a health and safety capacity.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with construction and/or industrial related in a safety related field.
• Experience with contractors and contractor's safety statistical reporting.
• Ability to review and analyse health and safety data and use to present information that can be used by decision makers.
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform in a demanding work environment.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Highly proficient in the application of Microsoft software (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
• Experience with preparing health and safety specific presentation documents for senior management and company reporting.
Visit Inside Omega to browse the unique advantages available to our team. InsideOmega.com
Administrative Assistant - HSSER
St. John's, NL
NSB Client - Newfoundland and Labrador
08 feb 2019
15.02.2019 23.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.