The Mechanical Isolating Authority Verifier has responsibility for the day-to-day field verification of permitted activities for the construction, commissioning, and handover stages of the construction site.
• Perform field inspections to confirm compliance with PTW work scopes
• Perform field inspections to verify accuracy and completeness of PTW supporting documentation
• Verify that all work performed by Contractors complies with their Electrical Safety Programs or LOTO programs
• Verify that all required isolations adequately protect workers from the potential release of hazardous energy
• Looking for candidates who are either Millwright or Pipe fitter or equal combination.
• University graduation with a Bachelor degree in Engineering related discipline, or appropriate electrical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
• Experience working in energized installations.
• Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements and Construction Industry Best Practices considered an asset.
• Safety oriented.
• Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
• Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
• Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within a multi-functional team
environment (matrix style organization structure).
• Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
• Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
• Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor Energy's vision and values.
• Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
• Must be able to work a site based rotational work schedule
Muskrat Falls, NL
Mechanical Isolation Authority Verifier
Muskrat Falls, NL
NSB Client - Newfoundland and Labrador
03 jul 2019
10.07.2019 23.01 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.