In this role, this SAP Functional Developer is responsible for delivery of global SAP solutions within the supported process areas. Focus areas include SAP Ariba, ECC Procurement and SRM. This position engages with a global team of highly effective functional developers, customer solutions Leads to provide architectural direction, design leadership and project oversight for major projects and enhancements.
• Understand business needs and lead thoughtful design discussions around meeting those business needs in a standard manner fully leveraging SAP product capabilities.
• Develop and maintain architectural and design framework and lead teams to develop creative business solutions within that framework.
• Provide thought leadership, mentorship, and forum leadership in the areas of responsibility.
• Ensure that team members are driving and leading activities to meet SLA’s
• Provide process leadership in moving projects, enhancements, incidents, and changes through to production and lead resolution to escalations and issues
• Work with Customer Solutions analysts and business personnel to understand various material master and procurement processes and provide the technology to support these processes.
• Develop detailed functional and technical specifications for changes to SAP systems.
• Perform configuration for SAP Material Master, MDG, MDM, and SRM and manage interaction with interfaced solutions such as Readsoft, Ariba, and MDG.
• Consult with ABAP developers and provide technical specs to develop customized solutions.
• Perform unit testing of changes (configuration, custom development, etc) in development and staging environments, including regression testing of functionality that may be impacted.
• Coordinate end to end integrated testing of changes (configuration, custom development, etc) in development and staging environments.
• Provide prototypes and implementation of new functionality based on client needs.
• Provide ad hoc training and consulting to business super users as required in run and maintain activities, such as remedial training, issue resolution, etc.
Must have experience and understanding in the following areas:
• Bachelor's or master's degree with advanced degree preferred.
• 15 years of experience working with SAP with a major part of that focused on MM and procurement.
• Solid understanding of Readsoft, MDG and Ariba integration with SAP.
• Strong knowledge of ABAP, IDOC, WF, Process Integration(PI) and other EAI tools.
• Experience large SAP ERP global rollouts including five full lifecycle implementations.
• Experience in at least one recent implementation of vendor master in MDG.
• Good knowledge of new SAP technologies such as Fiori and HANA.
• Ability to engage with internationally distributed development teams.
• Ability to create and meet timelines cognizant of business needs and constraints.
• Highly self-motivated, driven work ethic, keen attention to detail and exceptional customer service orientation.
• Good communication skills including ability to communicate technical information in an understandable manner to non-technical audiences through writing and presentations.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to perform system analysis and draw conclusions by relating information from different sources, including root-cause analysis and issue resolution.
• Chemical/Energy industry background is a plus.
5+ month contract
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Functional Developer III
Major Chemical and Petrochemical Company
27 nov 2018
31.12.2018 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.