- Responsible for following up studies within structural discipline, maturing structural deliverables as required for project phase and ensuring compliance to relevant standards and technical requirements within the discipline.
- Follow-up Contractor to ensure sound structural integrity, secure technical integrity and barriers in design and execution, and identify and address risks/concerns - Follow-up marine system topics (stability, mooring, hydrodynamics)
- Within discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
- Perform risk-based follow-up of Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
- Establish plans for risk-based follow-up of Contractor(s)
- Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
- Follow-up Contractor(s’) internal multidiscipline interface co-ordination.
- Take early corrective actions as necessary. - Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation, and secure lifecycle information.
- Manage change proposals and deviation requests according to Company management system.
- Give input to plan for verification of design solutions and fabrication
- Provide discipline input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases
- Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure necessary contact with contractor discipline responsible, Company discipline network and advisor, operations and other stakeholders.
- Obtain relevant design and operation experience from similar projects and installations in production.
- Shall have MSc/BSc with relevant engineering subjects e.g. civil engineering, marine technology
- Should have minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
Other competencies or specific expertise necessary for the position are:
- Good structural analysis and design knowledge
- Familiar with recognized structural analysis software tools
- Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards
- Good multidiscipline and interface understanding of an offshore oil and gas topside.
- Experience of structural discipline in brownfield projects
- Experience of FEED and detail engineering phase of projects
- Experience with following-up stability, hydrodynamics and marine systems of semi-submersibles
- Strong HSE and security mindset, in personal behavior and in consideration of engineering solutions (safety in design)
- Commercial mindset
- A strong team player
- Valid offshore safety training and health certificate required
- Local candidates preferred.
Duration 17.06.2019 - 05.06.2020 (start up early August also acceptable)
Options 5 x 6 months
Location Bergen, Sandsli
Visit Inside Omega to browse the unique advantages available to our team. InsideOmega.com
Bergen - Sandsli
Et norsk oljeselskap / a Norwegian oil company
12 apr 2019
29.04.2019 10.00 CET
This job has expired.